6 Ways to Prevent A Cold
September 21, 2011
By WeatherBug Sr. Meteorologist, James West
- 1. Wash Your hands: The cold virus easily enters through eyes and nose, often carried there on your hands. Washing hands and not touching eyes and nose will decrease the chance of catching a cold.
- 2. Stop rubbing your Eyes and Nose The viruses (there are at least 200 different ones) that cause the common cold enter the body through nose and eyes. The quickest way to get infected is to touch a door and then rub your nose.
- 3. Cover Your Mouth: When coughing or sneezing, cover nose and mouth with elbows or arm. Coughing into hands and then touching doors and water faucets will spread cold virus.
- 4. Stay Home: If you feel sick, stay home. Your friends and your coworkers will appreciate it if you keep the cold out of the office and their homes.
- 5: Avoid Cold Sufferers: if possible, avoid being close to people who show cold symptoms, if possible.
- 6: Exercise: Research suggests people who exercise regularly get the cold less than people who exercise less.
Click here for comments or suggestions.
News submitted by WeatherBug users
WeatherBug Featured Content
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More