The Best Ways to Prevent the Flu
UPDATED October 28, 2013
By WeatherBug Meteorologist, Andrew Rosenthal
- Get a flu vaccine. Available right now at a doctor`s office, your local pharmacy and clinics.
- Try to avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- If you are sick, avoid exposing others by staying home from work or school for at least 24 hours.
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing to avoid spreading disease.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Take any flu drugs if you`re prescribed them.
Click here for comments or suggestions.
News submitted by WeatherBug users
WeatherBug Featured Content
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More