Desktop Products Support
Ninety Six, SC 29666
WeatherBug Lite Mac OS X Application Support
Below are answers to some common questions about the current version of the WeatherBug Lite Mac OS X application. If you do not see your question here, please fill out a Support Request Form or visit the WeatherBug Forums.
- I have downloaded and installed WeatherBug Lite, but it does not run. What happened?
If you have downloaded and installed WeatherBug Lite correctly, a window should appear asking you for your ZIP Code. If this window does not appear, then something in your system is keeping WeatherBug Lite from running correctly. If you are having this issue, please email email@example.com.
- WeatherBug Lite doesn't run, but I can't trash it either. The finder keeps telling me "Cannot delete because program it is still open." How do I get rid of it?
For some reason, WeatherBug is still running on your system without displaying an interface. If you are the administrator of the computer, or have administrator access, you can quit the WeatherBug Lite application by opening up the "Terminal" and typing
killall "WeatherBug Lite". If you do not have administrator access, follow the instructions for uninstall here. Be sure to move WeatherBug Lite to the trash (even though you can not delete it) and restart your machine. After restarting you should be able to empty the trash -- removing WeatherBug Lite from your system.
- How do I register to receive information about updates to WeatherBug Lite for Mac OS X?
If you would like to receive more information about WeatherBug Mac updates, go to labs.weatherbug.com and signup for emails on the left side of the page.
- Where do I put my "PLUS" code?
WeatherBug Lite does not currently have a "PLUS" version. PLUS codes are for the Windows version of WeatherBug only.
- I have Mac OS 8.x or 9.x . Is there a version of WeatherBug for me?
We currently do not have plans for supporting Mac OS versions prior to Mac OS X 10.2.x.
- I don't have enough room in my system menu bar to display WeatherBug correctly. What can I do?
The only way to get more items to show up in the menu bar is to remove other items that are present. Try turning off other items in the menu bar until WeatherBug Lite shows up.
WeatherBug Featured Products
Other Top Weather Headlines
Florida Gov. Rick Scott said Friday that Tropical Storm Erika poses a…More >
Weather Near Ninety Six, SC
Camera for Newberry, SC
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More