Mobile Products Support
Penryn, PA 17564
Mobile Weather for Windows Mobile™ Smartphone Support
Below are answers to some common questions about the WeatherBug Mobile Weather for Windows Mobile™ Smartphone. If you do not see your question here, please fill out a Support Request Form or visit the WeatherBug Forums.
- What features will WeatherBug for Windows Mobile™ Smartphone provide?
WeatherBug for Windows Mobile Smartphone offers all the live features of the popular PC application, for both US and World locations.
US weather features include:
- LIVE Conditions — LIVE streaming weather conditions & forecasts from our network of over 8,000 Tracking Stations. Choose one in your US ZIP Code.
- Forecast — Detailed 7 day & weekend forecasts.
- Severe Weather Alerts — Severe weather alerts & warnings for your US ZIP Code.
- Local Radar — Check your local Radar maps for precipitation.
- LIVE Cameras — LIVE local weather camera images from one of our 1,000+ weather cameras.
- Community Photos — A gallery of distinctive photos submitted by WeatherBug users like you. View and submit new photos from your phone!
World weather features include:
- Current Conditions — View detailed weather conditions around the globe.
- Forecast — Detailed 7 day forecasts for the world city of your choice.
- Satellite Imagery — View the latest satellite imagery for your area.
- What type of phone do I need to use WeatherBug for Windows Mobile Smartphone?
WeatherBug will run on any Windows Mobile Smartphone that is running Smartphone 2003 or Smartphone 2003 Second Edition.
- Where can I get this application?
- I purchased the application. How do I activate it?
After you purchased WeatherBug at one of the two available sites (Handango.com or Smartphone.net), you should have received your activation code in an email sent to you. If you have lost your activation code, please contact Wireless Support with your order information and we will retrieve it for you.
Once you have your activation code, start the WeatherBug application on your Smartphone. At the first screen, you will be asked to either "Continue" or "Activate". Choose "Activate" to proceed to the Activation screen.
On the Activation screen, enter your code in the text box and choose "Activate". Please be sure to enter the code exactly as it appears in the email you received. If the activation is successful, you should see a message that says "Congratulations! Your activation was successful. Please enjoy using WeatherBug!"
If you have already started the application and are in the Free Trial, you can also get to the Activation screen from the Home screen (with the thermometer and wind gauge) menu by choosing choice "7" (Options) and then choice "3" (Activate).
- Does the application have any shortcuts built-in?
Yes! In addition to including navigation in the menus of all the sections, we have added shortcuts to make it even easier to navigate all the available content.
First, from any of the "content" screens (Forecast, Radar, Live Cameras, etc.), push the "#" key on your phone to update the screen's data with the most up-to-date data.
Second, when you are viewing the "Home" screen of the application (with the thermometer and wind gauge), you can use the following shortcuts, as opposed to the menu, which is also available on the right soft key.
Press the following numbers on your phone to open the corresponding sections:
- 1: Forecast
- 2: Detailed conditions
- 3: Radar Maps (for US locations) or Satellite Imagery (for World locations)
- 4: Severe Weather Alerts (for US locations only)
- 5: Live Cameras (for US locations only)
- 6: Community Photos
- 8: Update the data - this will update the weather data or images you're viewing with the latest available content
- 9: Help
- 0: About
- *: Change location
- #: Update the data - this will update the weather data or images you're viewing with the latest available content
- My local station / camera keeps dropping / disappearing. Why?
Station: If your favorite station occasionally drops from WeatherBug or even the list of available stations, it could be that the station you've chosen is a "near real-time" or "nearly live" station. Near real-time or nearly live stations are operated by the National Weather Service and are often found at airports. We bring you these NWS stations in order to maximize the number of stations where you can access weather data.
Real-time stations transmit weather data constantly while near real-time only report periodically. All exclusive WeatherBug stations are real-time. If you are accessing a near real-time site, it will not appear on your station list when it is offline and WeatherBug will default to the next closest station that is online.
With over 8,000 stations in our network, there may be some problems that either cause invalid weather data or no data at all at certain stations on any given day. We have an automated system that sends faxes and emails to our Points of Contact at stations that are down. Unfortunately, we don't always know immediately what the problem is and must wait to hear from our contact to be able to determine the problem and to offer assistance. Stations accessible through WeatherBug are owned and maintained by the school or business at that location. It is rare that a station goes down permanently. We will continue to try to get this station back online.
Camera: Like our network of tracking stations, we strive to keep our over 1,000 weather cameras operating all the time. However, we do experience trouble from time to time with the cameras and need to take them offline while we address the issue. When a camera is offline, you will see the next closest camera in the Live Cameras section of the application. To download the WeatherBug desktop application, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- How do I submit photos to WeatherBug from my phone?
You can submit photos by emailing them to email@example.com. Many camera phones allow photos to be sent directly from the phone. For the best chance for your photo to be approved by our staff, be sure it shows the great weather and scenery that we have across the United States and include your name along with the location the photo was taken. Please allow up to 72 hours to see approved photos on the WeatherBug application.
Users can also view and submit photos directly through the WeatherBug desktop application. To download, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- I have submitted a photo to WeatherBug. How can I view it?
Approved photos can be viewed in the Your Photos section of the WeatherBug desktop application by selecting the Camera Phone photo album. If the photo is judged to be one of best submitted photos, it will be also be displayed in the "Hall of Fame 2005" album. You can view this photo album in the Community Photos section of WeatherBug on your Smartphone.
For the best chance of your photo being approved by our staff, be sure it shows the great weather and scenery found around the world, and include your name along with the location the photo was taken. Please allow up to 72 hours to see approved photos on the WeatherBug desktop application. To download the WeatherBug desktop application, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- I sometimes see an error message that says, "Unable to connect to WeatherBug servers." Why?
In order to download the latest weather data and images, your phone needs to connect to the Internet - either wirelessly or through your computer's connection when your phone is docked. This error message indicates that the phone is not able to connect with WeatherBug's servers to retrieve the data. If you see this error, try moving (if possible) to a location with a better Internet connection, or trying again when in a location with a stronger signal.
- I have a billing question. Whom do I contact?
WeatherBug Featured Products
Other Top Weather Headlines
Mushers arrived in Nome for the conclusion of the…More >
Wet weather in the Southeast will keep residents soaked throughout the…More >
Weather Near Penryn, PA
Camera for Lancaster, PA
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More