Mobile Products Support
Bowman, ND 58623
Mobile Weather for BlackBerry® Support
Below are answers to some common questions about the WeatherBug Mobile Weather for Blackberry®. If you do not see your question here, please fill out a Support Request Form or visit the WeatherBug Forums.
- What features will Mobile Weather for BlackBerry provide?
Mobile Weather for BlackBerry devices is currently available for locations within the United States, and provides the following features:
- LIVE Conditions — LIVE streaming weather conditions & forecasts from our network of over 8,000 Tracking Stations. Choose one in your US ZIP Code.
- Forecast — Detailed 7 day & weekend forecasts.
- Severe Weather Alerts — Severe weather alerts & warnings for your US ZIP Code.
- Local Radar — Static and animated local Radar maps showing precipitation in your area.
- LIVE Cameras — LIVE local weather camera images from one of our 1,000+ weather cameras offering time lapse animation.
- Community Photos — A gallery of distinctive photos submitted by WeatherBug users like you. View and submit new photos from your phone!
- Saved Locations — save up to 10 of your favorite locations for quick access to weather conditions at work, home, vacation, or any other location you choose.
- Will the application work on my BlackBerry?
The application is designed to work on any of the following BlackBerry devices, across mobile phone providers in the United States:
You must also have a data plan with your mobile phone company to use WeatherBug on your BlackBerry.
- How do I buy a subscription for Mobile Weather for BlackBerry?
You can purchase a 3-month subscription or 1-year subscription by clicking on one of the links below. A 3-day free trial is available for either option.
- How do I load the application onto my device?
Once you have downloaded the installation zip file from Handango, follow these steps:
- Extract the appropriate application files for your BlackBerry to a folder on your
computer. The files are named according to BlackBerry device models (e.g., 71xx).
You should save 2 files (one .alx and one .cod) to your computer.
- Start the Blackberry Desktop Manager and open the Blackberry Application Loader. Note - you will need to have the Desktop Manager software installed on your computer to load WeatherBug onto your BlackBerry device.
- When the application list shows up, click the Add button, navigate to the folder in 1) above and open the ALX file.
** NOTE: If you have a 72xx or 77xx BlackBerry device, use the 75xx files for installation on your handset.
- My local station / camera keeps dropping / disappearing. Why?
Station: If your favorite station occasionally drops from WeatherBug or even the list of available stations, it could be that the station you've chosen is a "near real-time" or "nearly live" station. Near real-time or nearly live stations are operated by the National Weather Service and are often found at airports. We bring you these NWS stations in order to maximize the number of stations where you can access weather data.
Real-time stations transmit weather data constantly while near real-time only report periodically. All exclusive WeatherBug stations are real-time. If you are accessing a near real-time site, it will not appear on your station list when it is offline and WeatherBug will default to the next closest station that is online.
With over 8,000 stations in our network, there may be some problems that either cause invalid weather data or no data at all at certain stations on any given day. We have an automated system that sends faxes and emails to our Points of Contact at stations that are down. Unfortunately, we don't always know immediately what the problem is and must wait to hear from our contact to be able to determine the problem and to offer assistance. Stations accessible through WeatherBug are owned and maintained by the school or business at that location. It is rare that a station goes down permanently. We will continue to try to get this station back online.
Camera: Like our network of tracking stations, we strive to keep our over 1,000 weather cameras operating all the time. However, we do experience trouble from time to time with the cameras and need to take them offline while we address the issue. When a camera is offline, you will see the next closest camera in the Live Cameras section of the application. To download the WeatherBug desktop application, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- How do I submit photos to WeatherBug from my phone?
You can submit photos by emailing them to email@example.com. Many camera phones allow photos to be sent directly from the phone. For the best chance for your photo to be approved by our staff, be sure it shows the great weather and scenery that we have across the United States and include your name along with the location the photo was taken. Please allow up to 72 hours to see approved photos on the WeatherBug application.
Users can also view and submit photos directly through the WeatherBug desktop application. To download, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- I have submitted a photo to WeatherBug. How can I view it?
Approved photos can be viewed in the Your Photos section of the WeatherBug desktop application by selecting the Camera Phone photo album. If the photo is judged to be one of best submitted photos, it will be also be displayed in the "Hall of Fame 2005" album. You can view this photo album in the Community Photos section of WeatherBug on your Smartphone.
For the best chance of your photo being approved by our staff, be sure it shows the great weather and scenery found around the world, and include your name along with the location the photo was taken. Please allow up to 72 hours to see approved photos on the WeatherBug desktop application. To download the WeatherBug desktop application, visit www.weatherbug.com.
- I sometimes see an error message that says, "Unable to connect to WeatherBug servers." Why?
In order to download the latest weather data and images, your phone needs to connect to the Internet - either wirelessly or through your computer's connection when your phone is docked. This error message indicates that the phone is not able to connect with WeatherBug's servers to retrieve the data. If you see this error, try moving (if possible) to a location with a better Internet connection, or trying again when in a location with a stronger signal.
- I have a billing question. Whom do I contact?
For all billing questions, contact the site where you purchased and downloaded WeatherBug, Handango.com.
WeatherBug Featured Products
Other Top Weather Headlines
Stretches of the Northern Tier will be in the crosshairs of dangerous weather this weekend.…More >
Weather Near Bowman, ND
Camera for Dupree, SD
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More