Desktop Products Support
Rickreall, OR 97371
IT Information The WeatherBug Desktop Application is Lite, Safe & Secure
- Not Spyware/Not Adware - Learn More
- Uses Little Bandwidth - Learn More
- Lite on computer system resources - Learn More
- Adds NO internal tech support/help desk burden - Learn More
- Live local weather & traffic info - Learn More
- WeatherBug is not, and never has been, spyware nor adware
Adware is an application that monitors Web surfing behavior to deliver pop-up ads. Spyware is an application that "snoops" on user behavior. WeatherBug is completely incapable of tracking your overall Web use or deciphering anything on your hard drive. Furthermore, the WeatherBug desktop application has NO advertising pop-ups.
- Lite on bandwidth and computer resources
The WeatherBug desktop application actually uses less bandwidth and computer resources than is required by a user visiting a Web site.
CPU Average Usage Statistics:
- WeatherBug in System Tray (background) - .002% CPU Usage, 5.35 MB Memory
- WeatherBug in Full Screen (foreground) - .367% CPU Usage, 6.22 MB Memory
Firewall Ports: WeatherBug, a specialized Web browser, makes http calls through Port 80.
Incoming Data Requests: The chart shows incoming bytes of data resulting from WeatherBug requests. This illustrates:
- WeatherBug running in the foreground for 30 minutes [109,800 bytes]
- WeatherBug running in the foreground with an incoming alert [82,089 bytes]
- Less than 10 KB/s incoming is due to advertising when WeatherBug first loads to the desktop.
- Adds NO internal tech support/help desk burden
The WeatherBug desktop application has been downloaded over 75 million times, and is used by tens of millions of active users each month.
The application is very stable and users almost never have technical support or help desk issues, going back over our seven years offering this free product.
- Gives users access to live local weather & traffic info
The WeatherBug desktop application has over 8,000 of its own Tracking Stations and over 1,000 weather cameras, primarily based in neighborhood schools and public safety facilities across the U.S. Here is a map showing our current WeatherBug Tracking Station locations across the U.S.:
WeatherBug Featured Products
Other Top Weather Headlines
The central and northern Plains will be the weather spot for fresh severe storms through…More >
Blanca becomes the second hurricane in the Pacific, Andres…More >
Weather Near Rickreall, OR
Camera for Gaston, OR
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More