Alvord, IA 51230
- Parent Company: Earth Networks
- Founded: 1993
Since 1993, WeatherBug, by Earth Networks, has been committed to delivering the most accurate weather information and the fastest weather alerts to our customers so they can Know Before™.
What sets us apart? Our exclusive WeatherBug network. Deployed at thousands of schools, major sports stadiums, broadcast stations and public safety facilities across the U.S. and beyond, our sensors comprise the largest commercial-grade weather and climate network in the world. In addition to massive amounts of weather data we collect from our own sensors, we integrate data from sources such as the National Weather Service (NWS) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), providing our users access to the biggest global network of professional weather stations.
Only WeatherBug customers benefit from this dense global network to get:
- Current conditions based on real-time sensor observations
- Pinpoint ENcast forecasts which are at least 25% more accurate, thanks to the power of our network and the most advanced global forecasting models
- Radar enhanced with our network data to better reflect fast-changing weather patterns, and
- The fastest warnings to severe weather such as heavy rain, high winds, hail and tornadoes. Our DTAs (Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts) have been proven by scientists to provide 50% faster warnings than conventional warnings. And in severe weather, minutes matter.
- Lifestyle forecasts to know if it’s a bad day for allergies, perfect day for golf, and much more, so you can maximize comfort and fun.
In addition, WeatherBug mobile apps also provide Spark lightning alerts to report on the closest lightning to the location on your smartphone. It’s like turning your phone into a personal lightning detector to help you stay safer outdoors!
Join the tens of millions of people around the world who rely on WeatherBug to Know Before™. Get WeatherBug on your computer and mobile devices today!
WeatherBug, a Leader Across all Platforms:
Internet - Consistently ranked as a Top Ten Internet property within the News and Information category by comScore, WeatherBug.com features information and alerts from the largest weather network in real-time: Neighborhood level current conditions, pinpoint forecasts, maps with multiple layers including radar, and access to our exclusive DTAs (Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts) as well as National Weather Service watches and warnings. WeatherBug is also a top-tier weather app for Google Chrome and Windows 8, taking advantage of each platforms’ capability to bring the power of the WeatherBug network to users.
Mobile - WeatherBug’s award-winning mobile products are highly acclaimed and consistently ranked as a top weather application across app stores. Only WeatherBug features information and alerts from the largest weather network in real-time: eighborhood level current conditions, pinpoint forecasts, pinch and zoom maps with multiple layers including radar, and access to our exclusive DTAs (Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts) as well as National Weather Service watches and warnings. Plus, we now provide Spark lightning alerts that turn your smartphone into a personal lightning detector, so you can stay safer outdoors. Get WeatherBug for your Android, iPhone, iPad, Blackberry and Windows smartphones and tablets.
Desktop - Millions trust and turn to WeatherBug’s desktop products to plan their lives and to alert them to upcoming dangerous weather conditions. WeatherBug’s desktop products include our popular Desktop application, widgets and gadgets designed to turn your desktop computer into the ultimate weather tool.
Weather Data - WeatherBug provides, for free, customizable widgets to use on your social media page, blog or website. Display live, local weather conditions, forecasts, dangerous weather alerts and more from the world’s largest weather observation network.
WeatherBug also offers the WeatherBug API , allowing novice to advanced developers to create amazing weather applications using WeatherBug data.
- Earth Networks introduces My Storm Tracker with Lightning Alerts on WeatherBug Elite for Android and iPhone -- giving mobile users the ability to track lightning minute-by-minute and mile-by-mile based on the GPS location on their phones.  The next generation of this feature, to be introduced in early 2013, is called Spark Lightning Alerts
- WeatherBug among the first weather apps to introduce its highly acclaimed app for Windows 8.
- The WeatherBug 2.0 iPhone mobile smartphone app launches in the iTunes store.
- WeatherBug celebrates 100 million downloads of its popular desktop application with a contest inviting users to share their stories about their experiences with the WeatherBug desktop application, website and mobile phone apps. Hundreds of users submitted their personal stories.
- WeatherBug launches its WeatherBug Elite App for iPad.
- WeatherBug launches its weather app, WeatherBug Elite, for Android devices.
- WeatherBug mobile apps launch on devices from all major mobile carriers.
- WeatherBug becomes the premier provider of weather information to Verizon.
- The American Meteorological Society presents WeatherBug a prestigious Corporate Award for Outstanding Services.
- WeatherBug announces global weather application for smartphones.
- WeatherBug announces it has been certified to display the TRUSTe privacy seal on its website, reflecting its long-time commitment to consumer privacy and security.
- WeatherBug announces global weather application for smartphones.
- WeatherBug partners with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Weather Service (NWS) to aid the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
- WeatherBug becomes the second most-visited source of weather information on the Web (according to comScore).
- WeatherBug Achieve receives the prestigious Hilda Maehling Award from the National Education Association (NEA).
- The WeatherBug brand and its familiar ladybug logo debuts.
- At a time when desktop computer applications were only just emerging, WeatherBug introduces its free weather application for computers. Within the first eight months, 1.5 million users download the application.
- The company launches the WeatherBug Schools Program by providing weather stations and educational tools to schools across the U.S. This is the foundation of the WeatherBug network
- While still in their twenties, Robert Marshall and Christopher Sloop found AWS Convergence Technologies, Inc. (AWS), the company that would become Earth Networks – WeatherBug.
- The company introduces the Media Partner Program and signs first television station to use real-time local weather information on-air during broadcasts.
Want to Learn More?
For additional information about the company, including the management team and career opportunities, please visit Earth Networks.
For advertising inquiries, please contact our sales team.
Have a question or comment for the WeatherBug team? Submit them here.
WeatherBug Featured Products
Weather Near Alvord, IA
Be Prepared, Know Before
Get faster alerts and better forecasts from the exclusive neighborhood-level WeatherBug network.Learn More